Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Saturday, September 26, 2009

White Bottlebrush Tree

Callistemon salignus( White Bottlebrush )


This flower comes from the callistemon salignus or white bottlebrush tree. Sometimes called the Willow Bottlebrush, this tree can grow up to 50 feet tall. This picture is taken from Titiwangsa Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur. There are a few of these matured trees there.

Do you think that these flowers looks like a baby's bottle brush?
Have you seen this tree before?


To view other Today's Flowers #59 posts around the world, click here.

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen this tree before and yes , it really does looks like a bottle's brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen the white variety, only the pink at Fraser's Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful flower, it does look like a bottle brush. No, I've never seen this before. Thanks for the information.

    My post is at Through Squirrel Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of this lovely tree. Thank you for sharing it with Today's Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there are red ones across the road in an industrial planting around a shed.

    Sometimes here the red ones come out before Christmas and it makes it special to me.

    Thanks for sharing about it, I wonder if my daughter would notice the Aussie flower in KL?

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin