Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Symphony Lake of KLCC Park

Today is ABC Wednesday Round 5

Q is for ...... Queue


A group of school children is queueing up behind their teacher. They are going to observe the dancing fountain displays in front of Lake Symphony. Earlier in the day they already had their breakfast of nasi lemak or Quaker oats. Teacher said, "Ssshhh! Be quiet! No pushing, shouting or quarreling. If you are thirsty, you can quench your thirst at the water cooler nearby. But do be quick. The show is going to start soon. Do you have any questions?". I felt a bit queer when suddenly this bunch of noisy kids became very quiet and all of them gazed in the direction of the lake. And soon enough, I saw a jet of water shot high up into the sky, twirling and swinging, as though dancing to the music of an orchestral. It was a breathtaking sight. Some droplets of water even splashed onto me. I was amazed at the quantity of water fountains there.


This couple is from Singapore. They were enjoying the fountain displays and taking lots of photographs of each other. I guess they are spending quality time together and I can see that the lady was treated like a queen by her hubby. I waited for my turn to get some good pictures of the view. Finally, they asked me to help them take a twosome picture of themselves before they walked away. By then, the show was finished already. No chance for me to take any more pictures of the dancing fountains.

According to information from the KLCC website, the Symphony Lake has an area of approximately 10,000 sq meters of fountain displays. The displays consists of 5 programmes of over 380 individually sequenced effects shooting up to a maximum height of 42 meters. The effects are displayed along an arc and the 2 rings totalling 80 meters in length.
Showetime is as follows:
12 noon to 2:00pm and 6:00pm - 11:00pm on weekdays
10:00am - midnight on weekends and public holidays.




Today's post is an entry in ABC Wednesday Round 5, the meme initiated by Denise NesbittFor more information and photos, please log on to this site.
This is also my entry for Watery Wednesday #61. To see what others have posted or to participate, click
here.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting post! Without your interesting comments I would have not realized it was a lake!


    Gondola rides .... in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting..i hv been to klcc just for shopping and talks..i should visit the lake soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lightings for the Symphony Lake have not been working for many weeks. (Or months?)

    Malaysians are always weak in maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shots of the lake and fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of the lake, and the whole scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. queue is just not a word most Americans use. I think it's a fine one.

    lovely lake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very interesting! Great narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice play with the letter 'q'. and to bring it to a lovely ending.
    bet you enjoyed your walk at the KLCC park. Voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for the great comments. I was in awe of Symphoney Lake too. I never knew it existed until I took a walk at KLCC Park. All the time, I went to KLCC for shopping or watching a movie.

    Keats, you are so kind and sweeet. You are indeed my sunshine. I'm your fan so you got my vote too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin