Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekend Reflections - Signages for Directions


This picture is taken at Titiwangsa Lake Gardens.

While you admire the scenery and reflections on the water, I am cracking my head over the signage here. Even when one is standing there on the pavement, it look as though the public toilet is in the lake. Actually it means that you should walk straight until the end where the washroom is located in a building about 100 metres away.

I hope the people involve in placing signages will think and plan before they place signages for giving directions. If the workers are illiterate, then their supervisor should teach them properly. Don't they ever check?

Quite often, tourists get lost on the road, walking up the wrong street due to ambiguous signages. On the road, even our local motorists end up in the wrong road while trying to follow road directions. I have encountered quite a number of times where the road sign is only visible after a turning has been made. By then, it would be too late to change directions. In other cases, the signboard is hidden behind some trees. So, what is the purpose of a signage then?


This is my entry for Weekend Reflections # 9. To view what others have posted for Weekend Reflections, please click here.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, you can pass urine in the lake! (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place.
    Very nice photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lake titiwangsa was my fav place when i was studying in kl..

    ReplyDelete
  4. *chuckle* good point -- I wouldn't be surprised if a few confused folks have misinterpreted the sign too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful reflections, but the sign does give one pause! I bet alot of people have been confused about this one. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place is wonderful and you took a perfect shot there!
    I liked a lot the clouds reflections on the water, great work!

    Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sky and clouds look so wonderful in the reflection. I think the flowers in the foreground is a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely reflection (and the sign made me chuckle!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo - picture perfect with beautiful reflections.
    Re the sign - perhaps the city council think people can walk on water!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Cheers.
    Melbourne Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be the Lake of Tiberiad!! The only lake we can walk on... lol
    Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just look at the delicious blue sky and welcoming water. I'm jealous. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin