Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Friday, December 25, 2009

Skywatch Friday Season 4 Episode 24



This picture was taken on 20th December 2009 at precisely 7.16pm, a day before the Winter Solstice. The location is Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2, Klang, Selangor, Malaysia. It was drizzling when I witnessed this beautiful sunset and luckily I had my camera with me. The next day it was rainy and dark, so there was no sunset.

This year the Winter Solstice occured at 5:47 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time Monday 21st December 2009. That is equivalent to 1:47 a.m. Tuesday 22nd December 2009, Malaysian Time. We celebrated Dong Zhi by eating tang yuan on this day.

On the winter solstice, the sun's maximum height above the horizon is at its lowest point in the sky for the year. It's the day with the fewest hours of sunlight this year.

On this Christmas Day, I like to wish everyone,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


For more Skywatch Friday Season 4 Episode 24 pictures and to participate, please visit the Skywatch site. Skywatch was created by Dot and put in motion by Tom, who made it a huge success. Now it is hosted by Klaus with the help of Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise and Slyvia.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely sky! And what a great capture! The colors are beautiful! Hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your sky! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed a beautiful sunset! Nice shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... I wasn't aware that Winter Solstice fell on 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a magestic sky!

    I like how you showed the siluette
    of the tree against it. I even liked your ads! Probably because we are both nature lovers. I visited your ads, hope when you visit my blog you can visit one of my sponsors too!
    We can help each other by being a "tag" team - the ads are by topics of the blog, and I think we are good match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays to you..I love the colors in this photo...

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin