The Gunung Lang Recreational Park is situated off Kuala Kangsar Road, about 5km to the north of Ipoh and near to the North-South Expressway (PLUS) Interchange.
This recreational park surrounded by magnificient limestone hills, Gunung Lang and Gunung Bilike. It was developed and maintained by Ipoh City Hall with eco-tourism in mind and opened its doors to the public in 1999. It occupies a land area of 30.35 hectares and another 14.16 hectars from 3 man-made lakes reclaimed from disused mining pools. Some of the attractions are:
- cascading waterfall atop a limestone hill
- unexplored rainforest jungle
- 2km boardwalk along the swamps
- lookout towers, children playground, campsites, rest areas with pavillions and gazebos
- a ferry service and amenities like washroom, prayer room
- lake filled with fresh water fishes
- a garden with exotic floral (heliconia, bougainvillea, canna, ornamental bananas)
- fishing, canoeing, caving, jungle tracking, camping
- in future to include extreme sports such as mountain climbing
This is my entry for Weekend Reflections #53. To participate or view what others have posted for Weekend Reflections, please visit here.