Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Auspicious Marriage


A pair of banana plants is used to flank the entrance to an Indian wedding ceremony. The whole banana plant with trunk, fruits and flower is used.

Banana plants bear fruits in combs and bunches. They also produce many offsprings in the form of suckles. Hence, they are regarded as auspicious and they signifie fertility, abundance and prosperity. It is hoped that the marriage will be as fruitful or productive as the banana plant.

According to Chinese tradition, choosing an auspicious date and time is important for marriage.

Did you undergo any special religious ceremonies to ensure a blissful married life?
Do you believe in 'living happily ever after' ?

Congratulations!
My World Tuesday turns 2 today!

 
This is my entry for That's My World Tuesday Season 3 Episode 1. MyWorld is the place where we become virtual tourists guides and show others the best of our world!here.


To view what others have in their world, please visit

7 comments:

  1. i just followed whatever they planned for my wedding last time..it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized there are lots of Indian people in KL as i saw lots of them walking in the streets, in the trains, buses, etc. About auspicious decors, so if you will display the banana plant with a fruit bunch reaching the ground, will that be more auspicious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always an interesting post and today is no exception! A great look at your world! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful wedding shot! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love weddings :). Were you a guest or a passerby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful wedding. A fortnight ago I was invited to a wedding. It was only small but very beautiful in the hinterland of Byron Bay. I have been married for 50 years so I better believe in living happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont believe in auspicious dates for wedding but since the folks insisted, so had to go thru that.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin