Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kek Lok Si Vegetarian Restaurant Penang


Just as we were finished with our sightseeing at the hill top of Kek Lok Si Temple, it started to rain. So we headed back to the same place where we had parked our car at the hillside entrance in front of this souvenir shop.


As we were already very hungry and had no more strength to search for food in an unfamiliar place, we decided to try out the Vegetarian Restaurant at the lower ground level of Kek Lok Si Temple. Well, you won't miss this restaurant as signages are prominently display at the steps leading down to the lower ground below. People who need to use the washroom will also pass by this restaurant.


Looking at the menu, the prices seemed quite reasonable, so we went in to have our lunch. Besides, it is good to go vegetarian once in a while. It is stated that rice and tea is Free, i.e. included in the package. There was also no service charge.

How often do you take a vegetarian meal?

“Kek Lok Si Vegetarian Restaurant Penang”, a copyrighted post, was written for Klang, Malaysia Daily Photo blog by Autumn Belle @ http://mymalaysiadailyphoto.blogspot.com/ on January 6th, 2011.


We selected the selected the 3 dishes and 1 soup for RM 35.00.  We were really hungry then, so we had already walloped the first serving of vegetables when I took out my camera to capture this picture.  The dishes were simple but it tasted good.

The Maneki Neko cat is purchased from the sovenir shop at the Incline Lift Station, not a free gift from this restaurant.



Further down from the Vegetarian Restaurant, there is a Liberation Pond aka Sacred Turtle Pond.  Turtles are symbols of longevity, protection and wisdom. Some cultures, e.g. Chinese, Buddhist, Taoists, believe that releasing captured turtles and tortoises is a good deed or good karma. Here, at the Liberation Pond, you can also do a good deed by buying some water spinach (kangkong) and feeding it to the turtles here.


This is my entry for That's My World Tuesday. To view what others have in their world, please visit here.


7 comments:

  1. I like this thanks for sharing the photos. The food looks very good, so funny that the first dishes were so good you couldn't get a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vegetarian food, it's refreshing after having it compared to meaty stuff!;D

    Free rice, can I order only rice kar?!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsey, Yes, This is so embarassing! I am not used to food blogging, hence I always forget to take out my camera while eating.

    Alice, haha, the free rice means 'eat all you can' if you order from the set menu. I think the restaurant is run by the temple people and the proceeds will go towards the maintenance and upkeep of the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a meat person. I must have meat if not I don't feel full. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. lived in Malaysia for few years and is missing those foods...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm glad to see places like this to cater for people who love veggies.
    Welcome and Thanks for joining us.Hope to see more yummy food pics in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. every now and then, i do try to eat vegetarian dishes. i am not a vegetable eater but i know my body needs it.:p

    the turtles look strange.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin