Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Giant Water Lily of 1-Utama Shopping Complex

This picture is taken at the water lily pond of 1-Utama Shopping Complex.

A signage reads:
Victoria Amazonica is a series of flowering plants, the largest of the Nymphaeaceae family of water lilies. The species has very large leaves, up to 3m in diameter, that float on the water surface on a submerged stalk, 7-8 metres in length. The species is named after Queen Victoria of England. Victoria Amazonica is native to the shallow waters of the Amazon River basin, such as oxbou lakes and bayous. It is depicted in the Guyanese coat of arms. The flowers are white the first night they opens and become pink the second night. They are up to 40cm in diameter, and are polinated by beetles.

This is my entry for Weekend Reflections # 26. To participate or view what others have posted for Weekend Reflections, please visit here.

8 comments:

  1. Those water lilies are absolutely amazing! They're huge! And the flower is beautiful. I like the way you can see the trees above reflected in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What extraordinary water lilies. Absolutely lovely and wonderful reflections.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photgraphe again
    Thanks for sharing
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful flower. And the plants are huge, I had no idea they grew that large. Great reflection shot. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I really like water lilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago my family and I went on a cruise where we met many lovely people from Malaysia.

    I've heard the biggest flower in the world also blooms in your country.

    This picture is beautiful. It fills my eyes with it's loveliness.

    Truly I am a bit envious of your giant lily pads!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin