Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teluk Bahang Roundabout Penang


On my way to the Penang Butterfly Farm, I passed by this roundabout. People like us who are not Penang locals will find this landmark useful if we want to go to Teluk Bahang wet market, Mutiara Beach Resort, Penang Cultural Centre and also the Pantai Aceh Forest Reserve, Penang National Park and Teluk Bahang Forest Park (Taman Rimba Teluk Bahang).  Teluk Bahang in malay means 'heated bay'. It is a fishing village at the northwestern tip of Penang Island.



As I was passing by this place, I was excited over other things, like this free range village chicken who is free to roam the streets. Now, I hardly get to see the live ones in the city. My children only get to view the fried ones at KFC, McDonald's, and perhaps the live ones they get to see at the zoo, holiday resorts or when they balik kampung. It has also been a long time since I heard a mother hen clucking noisily or a rooster crowing happily early in the morning.

“Teluk Bahang Roundabout”, a copyrighted post, was written for Klang, Malaysia Daily Photo blog by Autumn Belle @ http://mymalaysiadailyphoto.blogspot.com/ on February 24th, 2011.



I also get to sample very delicious roti canai, our very own Malaysian 'flying pancake' with egg at a mamak stall overlooking this roundabout.

10 comments:

  1. very good photo too Hey, thanks for the greetings :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly speaking mamak roti canai simply the best #1.
    My recent trip from KL-Penang by Express bus..wow !!! I love the express highway......OMG!! what have the government done to Sarawak Pan Borneo Road (I don't call it highway).Better travel by air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love the pitcher plant replica, so beautiful!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very unique roundabout. Flies beware!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chicken portrait and I wouldn't mind tasting the pancake....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long long time didnt go back to Penang..haha roti canai that what I eat during CNY for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Southern California

    I added myself to follow you. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful round about sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty fotos... especially the chicken...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve the roundabout, makes a good landmark. That's one place you couldn;t get lost.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin