Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Think(ing) Green Thursday - Recycle for Charity

If you have any recyclable items like old clothes, old newspapers, plastics containers, old toys, CDs, videotapes, cassettes, old shoes, school bags, handbags, luggage bags, computers or used electrical appliances, don't throw them away. Why not drop them into these bright orange 'collection boxes'. If you have big and bulky items like used household furniture and jumbo electrical appliances, no problem. Just give them a call and they will come to your home to pick them up. For example, when shifting to a new house, you can fix an appointment for them to come and collect your old stuff. They have a big truck that can accomodate all the bulky items. And in the process, you will feel very happy that your burden has been lifted and you have also contributed to charity. Some poor folks will benefit from the cast offs. What is considered as waste to one person is actually of use to another.


We can find these orange collection boxes at many residential areas all over the Klang Valley in Malaysia. To me they are a welcome sight. When I shifted to my new house, there were so many off stuff and unwanted items accumulated over the years, it could fill up the whole dining room of my new house. Alam Flora will not collect my excess waste. Luckily, I found this telephone number and a telephone call and an appointment, my burdens were gone in 2 truckloads! Even until today, I have less headache about where to send my recyclables. I do a good deed and I can also contribute to a greener environment.

Pertubuhan Amal Seri Sinar or Seri Sinar Charity Organisation is a non-profit organisation founded in 2003 by Datuk Eadon Ching. He set up the organisation with the aim of raising funds for charity by collecting and selling recyclables. The money raised had benefited orphanages, poor students, underpriviledge children, the sick and disabled, single mothers, old folks home and indigenous people (orang asli).

Seri Sinar accepts all kinds of recyclables. For the pick ups of bulky items and locations of their recycling boxes and mobile collection centres, the contact is as follows:

Tel: 603-9021 1888
Email: serisinar@recyclecharity.org.
For their website, please click here.

Practise the 3Rs today: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle

This is my entry for Think Green Thursday # 24. My grateful thanks to Rambling Woods for making this possible. To view what others around the world have to say or to participate, visit here.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea and I like how they will come and pick up your larger items. So many usable items are put out for the trash when they could be donated. Another great post Autumn Bell... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea - if only that happened everywhere. In my parents and grandparents time, nothing was thrown away - eveything was re-used. Now, today, we call it recycling, but I was brought up on it - the advantage of thrifty parents.
    Good post.
    Cheers.
    Melbourne Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin