Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Monday, February 22, 2010

A Dragon in Monochrome


This is a dragon carving on the stone pillars of Kuan Yin (Guan Yin or Goddess of Mercy) Temple, Klang. The orginal colour is that of concrete grey with no colour painted on it, therefore I find it appropriate to post the picture in monochrome.

Quite often, we can find such pillars with carvings of dragons, deities and other auspicious objects at Chinese temples all over the world.

This is my entry for Monochrome Weekend Volume 2 Issue 26. My grateful thanks to Aileni for hosting this wonderful site. For other MM posts around the world, please click here

5 comments:

  1. D'star will like that sot, so do I. A good choice for mono.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! So much fine detail - a very handsome dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that three of us who love this image. Great work!! My dragon loves it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good in monochrome. Lots of shading and texture...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beastie. Makes me want to tickle him...

    ReplyDelete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin