Quote

Vive l'amour, May Love Live Forever .....
Gracias a la Vida !

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Monkey King

This picture is taken at Chin Swee Temple, Genting Highlands.

Sun Wukong (孙悟空), also known as The Monkey King is one of the main characters in the Tang Dynasty Chinese epic, Journey To The West. Born out of a mythical stone, he has the following capabilities:

a) immense strength - can lift 8,100 kg of weight with ease
b) speed - can travel 54,000km in one somersault
c) can perform 72 different transformations into animals, objects and human forms
d) skilled fighter
e) can clone into multiples of himself using his body hairs
f) knows various spells to command the wind, part water, form protective circles against demons and freeze humans, demons and even gods
g) his eyes has special powers to see demons hiding inside the human body

Just like Hanuman, the Monkey God in Hinduism, Sun Wukong is also worshiped as a deity by Taoists as The Monkey God.

Sun Wukong is also a new character in the computer game, Warriors of Orichi 2.

This is my entry for That's My World Tuesday. To view what others have in their world, please visit here.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing such an interesting piece of your world! the photo, together with the information, added a plus to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post as always! Love the information you give, it always makes your photos even more interesting and lovely! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of bringing out a story from all that you see. I want to ask your permission tp publish the story of Monkey King for my Port Dickson travel blog. I happen to visit it but because everything was written in Chinese, I have no clue to what I was visiting, But I like that temple, it's different.

    Pls reply me at sivakay2009@gmail.com

    My blog is at wwwflowering.blogspot.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siva, thank you very much for asking permission! I have already replied you.

      Delete

Yay, I have comments!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Autumn Belle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin